Chickpea and Cauliflower in Curry with Naan Bread
This perfect pot dish is sure to be a crowd pleaser! Don't believe us? Give it a try!
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 Stalks of Celery (finely chopped)
- 3 Cloves of Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1-Inch Piece of Ginger
- 1 ½ Tablespoons of Curry Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Ground Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon of Ground Turmeric
- ½ Teaspoon of Chili Powder
- 1 Can (398ml) of Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Can (400ml) of Coconut Milk
- 1 Cup of Vegetable Stock
- 1 Medium Cauliflower (cut into small bite sized pieces)
- 1 Can (540ml) of Chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 2 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Lime (cut into wedges)
- Salt (to taste!)
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper (to taste!)
- Fresh Cilantro (for garnish)
- Green Hot Peppers / Green Chiles (optional)
- Naan (for accompaniment)
Heat oil in a large heavy sauté pan over medium heat and cook the onion and celery for a few minutes
Add in the garlic and ginger with a pinch of salt and pepper. Let this cook, stirring for a minute, then add in the curry powder, cumin, turmeric and chili powder
After a minute, add in the crushed tomatoes and stir. Cook for 5 minutes (be sure to stir occasionally!)
Add in the coconut milk, vegetable stock and the cauliflower. Let this simmer for 10 minutes then add in the chickpeas and simmer for another 10 minutes.
Check for seasoning and adjust if needed. Serve this hot!
Garnish with fresh cilantro, green chiles, lime wedges and serve along with naan bread or over rice
Tips from Chef Pino
Pro-Tip: Have some now then have some later! This recipe can be used for both lunch AND dinner if you half it!